Monday, November 26, 2012

Hope abounds!

Hope abounds! Today something magnificent happened. I stepped out of my comfort zone and offered to help someone with some personal shit she's going through with the Option Process (a dialogue process I learned at my Son-Rise courses), and she accepted. She told me she'd been praying for help, and for the courage to ask for help, and that she prayed for hours yesterday, and today I "out of the blue" offered to help. She told me she thinks I'm God's answer to her prayer. Eeep. No pressure, right? :) But, that's the awesome thing about the Option Process. I just have to ask the questions. She's the one with the answers. There's no counselling, no advice, and no pressure. I can do that. Feel free to ask me about this if you're interested. It's not an exaggeration to say that it has literally changed my life. I am choosing to be happy most of the time. And when I'm not, I'm accepting my unhappiness or anger and embracing it as okay for me right now.

Here's what's fantastic about hope. She's been through hell. I'd guessed that much. But not only did she not give up, she's made herself awesome. And she's smart enough to know she needs some help. AND she was willing to say "Yes! I want that help". That's pretty much hope incarnate. She's willing to try. And so am I.

It's really cool to love someone not because they deserve it, but because I've decided to. Try that sometime. It's a fabulous experience. If we love first, and act second, the world could be an amazing place. I have hope that this is possible. No, I am completely convinced this is possible. Where hope comes into play is getting people past their judgements, because that isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment